Trusted Advisor and Advocate
Thomas E. Rossmeissl is a highly-regarded attorney focusing on trusts and estates matters. His practice includes estate planning, trust and estate administration, trust modification, and trust and estate litigation.
Solutions Tailored to You
Tom has significant experience in assisting individuals and families achieve their estate planning, wealth-transfer and philanthropic goals. Tom works closely with each client to understand their unique circumstances and to create an estate plan designed to achieve that client’s objectives. Tom is also a seasoned litigation attorney who has actually taken cases through trial in federal and in state court.
Capable, Reliable, Experienced Counsel
Prior to opening his own law practice, Tom gained experience in working for a number of other law firms, including large national law firms as well as small to mid-size local Bay Area firms. In addition, Tom also served as the Regional Trust Manager for Wells Fargo Private Bank in Palo Alto, CA, where he collaborated with and managed a team of wealth management professionals in assisting high net worth clients build, manage and transition their wealth.
Over his many years of practice, Tom has helped thousands of families prepare their estate plans, administer estates after a loved one’s death, fix outdated trusts and correct mistakes that were made in the past, and successfully resolve lawsuits and disputes.
Credentials and Awards
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) – 1990
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: The Georgetown Law Journal
University of California, Davis, California
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) – 1984
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Silicon Valley Bar Association, Board of Trustees
- Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Past Member, Citizens Bond Oversight Committee, Union School District
- Board of Trustees, Union School District
- Past Member, District 7-11 Committee, Union School District
- California, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Industry Recognition and Awards
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, by the State Bar of California Boar of Legal Specialization
- Super Lawyer rating by SuperLawyers.com
- Peer rated “AV Preeminent” for ethical standards and legal ability, Martindale-Hubbell
- Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb, Top Estate Planning Attorney
- Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb, Top Litigation Attorney
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, Estate Planning
- Avvo Top Contributor Award, Estate Planning
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, Litigation
Experience You Can Trust
San Jose attorney Tom Rossmeissl works closely with each client to understand the client’s unique circumstances and to develop and implement a strategy to achieve that client’s goals. Whether in estate planning, solving a problem during a trust or estate administration, or in litigation, Tom is a zealous advocate to help his clients succeed.